Tuesday 20 May 2014

Steroline Hookup!

Paul Wesley Tells JJJ: Stefan & Caroline Should Hook up on 'The Vampire Diaries'

This past season of The Vampire Diaries wasn’t exactly what we’d call smooth sailing, but now that the Other Side is gone, the Traveler story (finally) came to an end, and we have some familiar faces sticking around Mystic Falls, we’re excited to see where the show takes us!
The fifth season finale left us shocked, broken, and begging for answers after – SPOILER ALERT! – Damon and Bonnie died when the Other Side disintegrated.
We were still trying to cope with the previous lost of Stefan, when Damon risked his own life to save his brother, something even Paul didn’t see coming.
“I didn’t really know until I was at the table read (laughs),” he told JJJ about Stefan’s death. “I thought it was fantastic. I love twists and turns. It really got me. Maybe he’ll come back, I don’t know. It was wonderful. I trust the writers in terms of doing what’s best.”
After five years on the show, Paul is not one to shy away from a challenge, and often pushes for material that will allow just that. In fact, back in season three, he was a big proponent of diving deeper into Stefan’s ripper psyche. And just a few months ago, the 31-year-old New Jersey native directed his first episode of the series.
“I’m going to do another episode next season,” Paul told us. “It’s the most gratifying experience.”

While Paul learned a lot the first time around, he depends on the writing to shape his vision for the episode. “It just depends on the script,” he said. “I think it’s visceral. You read the script and have a visceral reaction. I can’t imagine I’ll do the exact same thing because I’ll react differently.”
As one of the core stars of the series, Paul‘s in a big chunk of the scenes, which means he has to jump back and forth from in front of the camera to behind it. “I don’t particularly like watching myself, I don’t,” he said. “It’s actually really stressful. When I directed my episode. I had a playback monitor, but I didn’t really look at it. I felt like I would scrutinize myself so much that I would keep redoing it and I wouldn’t make my day. So I literally did one or two takes and moved on.”
And of course, JJJ brought up the most buzzed about relationship right now – the one slowly brewing between Stefan and his best friend Caroline. “They should get together and have a nice sexy time,” Paul said.
We couldn’t agree more! When we asked him if Elena has any right to be mad if something happens between the two known to fans as “Steroline,” Paul gave a definitive, “No,” adding, “It’s all very ancestral. Everyone’s hooked up with everyone. Stefan and Damon probably hooked up.” Haha!
“I miss Alaric. I love Alaric,” he said, foreshadowing Matt Davis‘ official return to the series. “I think he is a great actor and he’s a funny guy. He’s a great guy and I really like having him on set. He’s my buddy. I love to have him around.”

No comments:

Post a Comment